Thursday, December 4, 2008

Who grabbed my shifts?

Yesterday I went to work and as usual after blicking in and checking my allocation, I went to reception to check if I could book any shifts based on my availability. I received a shock of my life. I had booked some shifts earlier but somebody cancelled them and put themselves in. Okay, I am not a permanent member of staff- I usually do bank shifts there but still no one has a right to discard me as if I was some recycling waste!

I made this known to the person in charge and they said that they would have a word with the culprit. I know that we all want to make money, especially now Christmas is approaching and the demand for presents and the like is high. I also need to make money and this is no excuse to take a shift away from me. How am I supposed to earn if I have no work to do? Okay, miracles do happen and I believe this but I have still to make an effort.

I am very busy with my studies and I do not want the need for money to cause me any stress because it interferes with my concentration. So I decided to come off all those night shifts that I had booked and luckily was able to get day shifts instead. And I am guaranteed that these day shifts will not be cancelled because the day staff are more respectful of some one's choices. Even though someone may complain in my absence (I hear it from the grapevine, they do not have the audacity to change it! And for me what I hear as long as it has not taken me off the duty rota comes out the other ear.

I am sure the next time I work there will be more drama. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment